We raise our turkeys free-ranging on pasture and we move them frequently to fresh paddocks to keep them in good supply of fresh forage. They also receive a ration of non-certified but organically grown, non-GMO grains. One of the reasons we enjoy raising turkeys is because they are avid hunters & foragers - it's gratifying to graze birds that really utilize the pasture.
We will have your turkeys ready fresh for pick-up the week of Thanksgiving.
Turkey Harvest will be the 17th to accommodate folks leaving town the weekend before the holiday or picking up from us at Saranac Lake Market or Snowy Grocery (a farmers market at Sugar House Creamery, Upper Jay, every Sunday all winter, 11-2) over the weekend. Most pickups happen here in our Shop on the Farm. We will send out reminders via e-mail. We do our best to accommodate your requests, and you can reach us by e-mail or at (518) 963-4169.
Our whole turkeys are $5.50/lb. We can split or part out birds by request.
Signing up is easy!
Simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com with the following information;
- In the subject line; 'turkey 2017'
- Your name, phone number, and the town you live in.
- How big would you like your turkey to be, ideally? (We will come as close as we can in size. The weather plays a role in how big the birds will be, but we will do our best.)
- Which date would you like to pick up?
- Send your $20 deposit, either via check made out to Mace Chasm Farm, or pay via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: 810 Mace Chasm Rd., Keeseville, NY, 12944
Also, it is noteworthy that we make excellent fresh sausage here on the farm, and for the week of Thanksgiving we do so with your stuffing recipes in mind . We also have fresh, ground pork available for those of you who prefer to season your own. $9/lb for sausage, $8/lb for ground pork. Those will be available at pickup time. We will also have notes on various turkey cooking techniques available!